We’re at a critical point in the story of the human species. The challenges we face require leaders and innovators who know how to create resilient, well-adapted solutions. The path forward must be generous to future generations of all life on earth. -Biomimicry 3.8
Using her experience from corporate worlds like RealNetworks and Microsoft and creative worlds such as Infinite Connections and Cirque du Soleil, Tigrilla brings multidisciplinary experience to every facilitation. Biomimicry, scientific research, and experiences in artistic, engineering, and spiritual contexts provide the base from which she guides teams to deliver nature-based concept designs for products, services, systems, and processes. With over 20 years of professional experience in high-tech and the creative arts, over 12 of those teaching and facilitating, she can create a customized program to help you and your team find nature-inspired solutions and develop solid team dynamics.
Tigrilla asks the question, “How does nature solve your challenge?” and shares techniques to find the answers. Contact her to discuss your unique needs.
Training and Facilitation
When it comes to practicing biomimicry—applying lessons from nature to your design challenges—the answers can be found all around you. Whether you are working on a new product design, organizational structure, or complex process, nature’s 3.8 billion years of experience holds the secrets to sustainable solutions. Having a biomimic facilitate the design process not only yields surprising and relevant inspirations, but also leaves you thinking about how to apply nature-inspired lessons to other areas of your business or organization.
Tigrilla know that diversity can be found not just in the solutions, but sometimes in the problem itself. This is why she is available to custom tailor a workshop or team training to fit your organization’s specific needs.
Organizational Sustainability Inspired by Nature
We all know that a garden is alive—birds buzzing, insects eating, and plants… well plants grow: they bloom and sway in the wind… but is that all they do? As humans, we run and jump and play, but plants can’t do any of that. Or can they?
There is much more to a forest than meets the eye! By studying how plants communicate and collaborate with the world around them, we can learn valuable tools for our own team dynamics through both biomimicry and bioutilization. Discover how to optimize your organization and best use your team’s skills when you learn how plants take care of their children, band together to protect themselves from predators, give off chemicals just to make us humans happy, turn the unusable into something useful, and use their decision making skills to create cooperative environments.
Seeing the Forest for the Trees, ease stress and think more clearly
Studies have demonstrated a wide array of health benefits—especially in the cardiovascular and immune systems and for stabilizing and improving mood and cognition—when we spend time in nature. We often think that the only way to experience nature is to head out into the woods, but given our busy city lives, we find it hard to find the time.
While a trip out to the mountains would be ideal for a forest bathing session, there is more nature in an office or city environment than you normally see. In this provocative session, start to see the nature in your own environment. From office/house plants to city parks to, appreciate both the micro and macro with new eyes, seed lasting health benefits, and create plant-inspired personal and team partnerships.
Training Formulas Include:
If you are interested in:
- Using the Biomimicry Process for your design innovation
- Explore organizational structures inspired by nature
- Connect to nature in the city to de-stress and focus
- Learn team building inspired by nature
- Discover Nature-Based Innovations
Or are looking for:
- Nature-Inspired Moderation & Facilitation
- Facilitation of Biophilic Transformation Processes
Past Presentations, Workshops, Exhibits
- Global EcoVillage Network Europe Conference, Schweibenalp, Switzerland – June 2013 – Workshop Presenter
- Sonica Reloaded, Naples, Italy – August 2013 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Building Sustainable Communities, Jacksonville, Florida, USA – December 2013 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Living Consciously, Miami, Florida, USA – December 2013 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Searching for Urban Songlines, CERES Environment Park, Melbourne, Australia – January 2014 – Teacher
- Rainbow Serpent Gathering, Lexton, Australia – January 2014 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Evolver Social Movement Spore, Melbourne, Australia – January 2014 – Tea
- Royal Horticultural Society Chelsea Flower Show, London, UK – May 2014 – Exhibitor
- The One Show with Julie Andrews and Ian McKellen, London, UK – May 2014 – with the Plants
- Plant Consciousness, London, UK – October 2014 – Guest Speaker
- Royal Horticultural Society Plant and Potato Fair London, UK – February 2015 – Exhibitor and Workshop Presenter
- Alternatives, London, UK – 23 February 2015 – Guest Speaker
- Damanhur Modena, Italy – March 2015 – Guest Speaker
- Planta Plant Show, Palacio Boadillo, Spain – April 2015 – Guest Speaker and Exhibitor
- Buddha Bag, Dublin, Ireland – 7 May 2015 – Guest Speaker
- Gateways of the Mind, Dublin, Ireland – May 2015 – Guest Speaker
- Floraart, Zagreb, Croatia – May 2015 – Exhibitor
- Damanhur in Florida, New Beginnings Wellness Center, Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA – October 2015 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Krop sind ånd, Copenhagen, Denmark – February 2016 – Guest Speaker and Exhibitor
- Oser la Fraternité, Les Karellis, France – May 2016 – Workshop Presenter and Exhibitor
- L’Associazione “fra il cuore e la mente”, Valle Strona, Italy – May 2016 – Guest Speaker
- Музиката на Растенията – презентация, концерт и курс, Sofia, Bulgaria – June 2016 – Guest Speaker and Teacher
- Heart and Mind Festival, London, UK – September 2016 – Guest Speaker and Panelist
- British Flower and Vibrational Essences Gathering , Kegworth, UK – March 2017 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Divine Transformation – Damanhur in Miami, Florida – April 2017 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Kansainvälinen Taianomainen Luonto-ja Vesitapahtuma, Mäntyharju, Finland – May 2017 – Guest Speaker
- Communication with the Plant World, Damanhur, Italy – June 2017 – Instructor
- Green Culture Forum, Montenegro – June 2017 – Guest Speaker and Workshop Presenter
- Being Gathering, Idanha-a-nova, Portugal – June/July 2017 – Guest Speaker
- Communication with the Plant World, Damanhur, Italy – July 2017 – Instructor
- How do Mystery Schools and Alchemy Fit into your Life, Miami, Florida – July 2017 – Presenter
- Discover Interspecies Music by Plants and Humans, Miami, Florida – July 2017 – Guest Speaker
- Interspecies Music and Co-Creation with the Plant World, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – July 2017 – Guest Speaker
- Discover Interspecies Music by Plants and Humans, Delray Beach, Florida – October 2017 – Guest Speaker
- Interspecies Music and Co-Creation with the Plant World, Huntsville, Alabama – October 2017 – Guest Speaker
- Communication with the Plant World, Huntsville, Alabama – October 2017 – Instructor
- Runchero Community Planning, Shelbyville, Kentucky – December 2017/January 2018 – Consultant
- Learn from Other Worlds, London, UK – January 2018 – Guest Speaker
- Minä Olen Messut, Helsinki, Finland – February 2018 – Guest Speaker
- Compost Cultivator Biomimicry Workshop – July 2018 – Co-Facilitator