Fascinated by nature since her earliest memories, Tigrilla Gardenia turned that passion into her vocation. Her journey started in a polyethnic childhood. She earned a degree in music and electrical engineering from the University of Miami, and entered into the corporate world via RealNetworks and Microsoft. She has co-owned a circus, produced alternative dance events, taught Kabbalah, and even toured with the ever-inventive Cirque du Soleil. As a keynote speaker, Interspecies Researcher, and Ambassador for Damanhur—renowned spiritual ecocommunity—she takes her expertise in plant intelligence, human dynamics, sound, and biomimicry and advocates for a greater connection to nature in built environments, products, and services.
With her roots firmly planted in the arts, communications, and the avant-garde, Tigrilla has a two-pronged mission: to dream into existence urban greenism co-created with the plant world. She is the Communications Manager of Bioversum—a non-profit dedicated to furthering the education, research, and integration of Biomimicry, Circular Economy, and Circular Design—as well as a keynote speaker, facilitator, and consultant of nature-inspired innovations.
Always eager to learn, Tigrilla has a masters in Futuro Vegetale (Vegetal Future): plants, social innovation, design under Stefano Mancuso of the LINV (International Laboratory for Plant Neurobiology) and Leonardo Chiesi (Sociology of Environmental Design) from the University of Florence. She believes biophilic design is fundamental for healthy, happy, and sustainable cities and dreams of living in an Urban Plantasy.
For Tigrilla, daily life and passionate research are inextricably linked. She hopes to inspire that in you, as well.
Tigrilla’s main areas of expertise:
- Speaking on Plant Neurobiology/Intelligence/Cognition and Plant Music
- Facilitating Biomimicry and Nature-Based Design Processes
- Envisioning Biophilic Urban Centers Co-Created with Plants
- Curating Interspecies Art and Music Exhibits and Installations
- Inspiring and Coaching Naturepreneurs
- Researching Human/Plant Interactions and Phyto-Domotics
- Visionary on how to co-create with plants in a variety of environments.
- In-depth knowledge on plant neurobiology and plant intelligence research.
- Broad project management experience across multiple disciplines from high-tech to social sciences.
- Proven track record for birthing projects and taking them to conclusion.
- Applied working knowledge of Biomimicry and Nature-Inspired Systems Design.
- Communication expertise across physical and digital domains.
Contact Tigrilla for keynotes and conferences, workshops and interviews.
Interivews, Contributions, Hyperlinks, and Vidoes:
- Primer Impacto on Univision in USA
- Sourced Cuisine in USA
- Out of this World Radio in USA
- Bulgarian National Radio in Bulgaria
- Bulgarian National Television in Bulgaria
- MagiSan in Bulgaria
- Magazine 8 in Bulgaria
- Sielunpeili magazine in Finland
- Plantes et Santes magazine in France
- The One Show on BBC in UK
- Cygnus Review magazine in UK
- Caduceus magazine in UK
- UK Health Radio/Knowledge Radio in UK
- Gateways of the Mind pre-event interview live in UK
- Plant Consciousness pre-event interview in UK
- The Idler in UK
- Alternatives pre-event interview in UK
- Astral magazine in Croatia
- HRT Radio in Croatia
- Nyt Aspekt magazine in Denmark
- Crystal Castle in Australia
- Lauren! television show in the Netherlands
- UPLIFT online magazine
- Nature Evolutionaries online
- Miami New Times in USA
- CoCreators Convergence call online
- What Music-Playing Plants Can Teach Us About Consciousness
- Minä Olen (1/2018) in Finland